lørdag 30. april 2011
How to use Coconut Oil :
- You can make a super healthy and oh so jummy chocolate fudge out of it. How great is that. Eating chocolate and knowing you are doing your body a favor (and your sweet tooth). Here is the recipe.
Here is a video from youtube by Naturesknockouts that shows you have to make it.
- You can use it as a body lotion. It will make you smell good and it moist your skin. Two birds in one.
- You can use it in your hair. Use it in your ends after showering to give you healthy hair, and not dry split ends (don't use to much.. then your hair might look a bit greasy).
- U can use it as a conditioner for your hair. Use it to massage your scalp if you have a dry scalp.
- Some drops of Coconut Oil in your hair color when dying it will protect your hair from the chemicals.
- You can use Coconut Oil instead of butter when you are using your frying pan.
I am sure there is a lot of other things you can use Coconut Oil for, but this is what I use it for.
Enjoy smelling like coconut, the Summer sun and eating chocolate Fudge :)
torsdag 28. april 2011
onsdag 27. april 2011
mandag 25. april 2011
Time has gone very fast. I still get a bit tempted if I see someone drinking a glass of milk or eating a burger next to me.
Burgers used to be one of my favorite food. Cold milk was also my favorite drink. It´s not easy seeing people eating your favorites when you don´t eat that sort of stuff anymore. If I´m hungry I get more tempted though so it`s a good thing to make sure I´m not hungry.
The first week I missed bread and milk the most. The second week I missed milk. The third week I did not really miss anything. It is weird how fast your body gets used to new things. I most say however though a few days ago I got an urge for cheese, but only cause my mum bought it and I started thinking about melted cheese toast. I have been thinking about toast a lot these last few days, so I´m going to be making my kind of toast this week. I just need to wait for the stores to reopen after Easter break.
Tomorrow I will have a huge food shopping day and make a few favorites and try out a few new ones.
My favorite thing about being vegan is that I just feel so great! I can´t really explain it? Maybe it has with being healthy or knowing what I put into my body. I have lots of energy, but I do get cranky if I don´t eat on a regular basis.
Also I love that I can eat so much dessert. In TheKindLife book it is said I can eat dessert 3-4 times a week. There is a lot of fat in dairy food and meat and since I´m not eating it I can afford more dessert =) I make my own desserts though cause you can´t really get vegan desserts in the stores in Norway.
They do however have a super good strawberry and chocolate ice cream.
I am loving the sweet side of life <3 <3 <3
I have also lost 4 kg. Weird since I have done nothing but stuffing my face with food! I know that if I started working out more and maybe drop all the vegan sweets I have been making I could loose more weight and very easy too, but I am happy with my body =)
Anyway first 3 months have been filled with temptation (not to much really), lots of new food that I did not know existed and a much more positive outlook on life.
I love thin pancakes. Crepes with banana and melted chocolate oh my it just taste so good. Pancakes with bacon it`s so good, but also in my past. I need to find a fake bacon. Thats the one thing I don´t know if I can live without in the long run?
lørdag 23. april 2011
- 2 Apples
- 2 Orange
- 2 Pears
1. Cut the fruits into pieces.
2. Mix in a big bowl
3. Top with chocolate sprinkle, cream, vanilla sauce or cinnamon or nothing if you like it plain ?
onsdag 20. april 2011
I also used a different top cream then her. I could not find tofu so I used a vegan cream instead and used shredded carrot on top for decoration.
I´m happy to say they tasted better the second day.
Have a happy Easter !
tirsdag 19. april 2011
Here are just some examples of how I eat my oatmeal.
1. With 1T peanut butter and 1T cacao powder. Hmmmm. It`s almost like a treat.
2. With cinnamon and vanilla powder in it. I cook it with the cinnamon and vanilla in it.
3. With strawberry jam on top and some vanilla powder in when I make it.
4. With honey and cinnamon.
5. With crushed nuts and chocolate. yumyumyum. I am a chocolate monster
søndag 17. april 2011
I used melted chocolate as glue between the muffin and the marzipan lid.
I topped the finished muffins with a fresh raspberry on each muffin.
I am so happy it only makes 4 muffins. Katie also have single lady muffins which I love. How great is it not to make one muffin when your craving sugar instead of making 10-12 like normal muffinrecipes makes. I love it!!!
torsdag 14. april 2011
I would always be the wash and go kind of girl. Which sometimes leaves me feeling that my hair is boring, cause I never really do anything with it. I know a lot of different do's I just never bother.
I have been trying to change that these last few days. I know these hairdos are not anything special, but it is a beginning at least for me.
(And yeah it feels strange posting a picture of me... but I figure why not... I always find blogs with picture of the person better, cause it's more personal)
onsdag 13. april 2011
I recently found out that baking soda takes away B-vitamins from your body, which in my case is not good. Since I don't eat meat or dairy my body does not get B-vitamins that easy. I also like my body to keep the B- vitamins I'm feeding it. So I started using a different "shampoo".
My new shampoo:
1. Use a 100% olive oil soap bar. Just foam it into your hair like a normal shampoo. Okay so it feels different than normal shampoo. It does not give that massive foam you get with normal shampoo, but it cleans the hair.
2. I use 1 cup of hot water with 1 T apple cider vinegar to rinse my hair.
Use cold water at the end.
= My hair ends up looking good!! It is soft and shiny and I don't need to condition my hair. I figure is the olive oil that makes my hair so smooth :D My hair also smells great.. it's like my hair gives off it's own perfume.