lørdag 14. mai 2011

Miso Soup


I first made miso soup a year ago when I lived in San Fran and had bought Alicia Silverstone Kind Life Book. I had tasted miso soup before because most of my friends in SF were Asian and they all loved miso soup.
I learned that miso soup has a lot of health benefits. It is rich in protein and B12 vitamin, and it is shown to help prevent breast cancer. The seaweed in the soup is also shown to help lower blood pressure. Miso soup is filled with vitamins.

 I know for people who have not tasted miso soup it might look nasty. 
That was my first thought. 
But you know what I ended up really liking the soup so much so that I make it at home! The thing is you got to give new things a chance. Have you heard the term ; "Looks can deceive"?


How to make miso soup:
I just bought the finished miso paste with seaweed in it and cooked it with 1 1/2 cup of water and added bits of tofu.
You can buy miso powder and use that, but then you also have to buy seaweed to put in. I have done that before, but now I just find it easier to buy the finished mixture and just add the amount of water that is needed.



Enjoy your miso soup and the weekend!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar