tirsdag 24. mai 2011

French Toast

After living in America for two years I fell in love with French Toast <3 Since the original recipe has egg I can't use it so I came up with my own French Toast recipe. Hahah making French Toast is very easy.

It's so good ... as you can see I don't use too much syrup.. I know some people pile it on like it was their last meal.. how much you decide :)

What I use :

- 1 cup almond milk or soy milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
-  1 T Tofu ( u don't need this if you don't have it.. I think it's good without also)
-  2 slices of bread which I slice in half (so I have 4 slices )
- Maple syrup

Direction:

1. Mix the milk, tofu, cinnamon and vanilla sugar together with a fork or a blender to a fine mixture.
2. Dip the slices of bread in the mixture. Dip them so they are soaked but do not let them lay in the mixture.
3. Warm a skillet, add some oil and cook the bread till they are golden on both sides.
4. Serve right away with maple syrup on top ....hmmmm... yum...

Enjoy French toast for Breakfast or Lunch. I would probably not eat French Toast more then 1-2 a week. I'd save this yummy dish for the weekend or a day you need an extra treat.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar