onsdag 23. mars 2011

Almond Milk


Today I tried making my first almond milk. It turned out looking and tasting good. Plus I got a lot of foam on my milk, which if you have read my “ Coffee I Cannot Live Without It!” you know I like. It also turns out home made almond milk have more calcium then regular cow milk you buy at the store and more protein. So this is Milk Heaven for your body :p
Here is how it turned out :)
You need :
-       1 cup almonds (soaked over night or for a couple of hours)
-       2-3 cups of water, depends how thick you like your milk
-       2-5 dates (makes the milk sweet I don’t like it without it)

 Directions:

1.     Mix almonds and water in a blender
2.     Use a milk bag or a cloth to separate the almond milk from the almond residue.  You put the milk bag/cloth over a jar. Pour the milk over. Press the bag/cloth together to separate the milk.
3.     Clean your blender, put the fine/lump free milk in and 2-5 dates (depends on how sweet you like your milk?) and mix on last time.
4.     There you have it .. Almond milk

If you think my directions are hard to follow watch this link

Here I added some strawberries in the milk and some maple syrup to make strawberry milk :)



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar